What to study for Friday's test
Post date: Sep 27, 2017 2:40:57 PM
- Logical Fallacies: What is a logical fallacy? Know: slippery slope, anecdotal, strawman, ad hominem, bandwagon, circular reasoning, black and white
- Know the appeals: ethos, pathos, logos. You will get examples and have to identify which one is being demonstrated
- QUEST: Know the acronym and write a sentence describing each step
- You will read an article and identify the author's argument/thesis, explain the line of reasoning, and evaluate the effectiveness of the author's evidence
- You will be given an argument and asked to speak to it in terms of the LENSES and PERSPECTIVS
All of these notes are on One Note under weeks 1 and 2 or in your notebooks from pre-Ipad days. Study!!